Friday, May 21, 2010

Concerning gardening Is it to late to move a dahlia tuber to a better location in the garden?

What is the worst that is going to happen? Just do it quickly on a cool day especially(at the end of the day)and take a larger amount of soil with it. And toss in some root starter fertilizer for good measure but don't OD it.

Concerning gardening Is it to late to move a dahlia tuber to a better location in the garden?
I live in Zone 6-5 and take my Dahlia tubers out every fall. They are stored in a paper bag in the dark cellar and put in the garden after the danger of frost is gone.





One year, I used bone meal when I bedded them. Big mistake! Some grubbing animal (raccoon? possum? squirrel? skunk?) dug them all up. What a mess they made, too.





Fortunately my neighbor had hundreds and was able to provide me with more.
Reply:Need more info as to what zone you live in or what state. Depending on your location, you would transplant differently. If you are in the Northeast you would need to remove it around the first mild frost.


No comments:

Post a Comment