Friday, May 14, 2010

HOw do I keep Dahlia Bulbs? 3 PARTS.?

1. What do I store them in?


2. When if at all do I separate them?


3. When do I start them under my Grow Lights?

HOw do I keep Dahlia Bulbs? 3 PARTS.?
1. In a cool, dark place. In brown paper bags (NOT plastic - or they will mold)





2.) you can separate them when you dig them up in the fall. Brush the soil off, and separate before putting in your bags or boxes for the winter. OR you can do it in the spring, as you plant them. Either way.





3.) I plant them directly in the ground 2 weeks before the last frost in my area. By the time they appear above the surface, the chance of frost is past.





If you nave a very short growing season, you can plant them inside under lights 2-4 weeks before planting out. But being a lazy gardner, I like to plant them only once, rather than once in the house, and then again in the ground.
Reply:Dahlias.com has an AWESOME site with lots of information:


http://www.dahlias.com/index.asp?PageAct...





If you get stuck, they also have a contact form through which you could submit a question to them:


http://www.dahlias.com/index.asp?PageAct...





*~ Good luck 'n enjoy ~*

flowers birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment